I direct the Pew Research Center’s Data Labs. My research interests include elite communication and politics, constituent communication, social media, political advertising and campaigns, race, machine learning, experiments, networks, text as data, etc.
- Exposure to Ideologically Diverse News and Opinion, Future Research
- When to Use Stacked Barcharts?
- Visualization Series: Using Scatterplots and Models to Understand the Diamond Market
- Streamline Your Mechanical Turk Workflow with MTurkR
- Generating Labels for Supervised Text Classification using CAT and R
- Working with Bipartite/Affiliation Network Data in R
- Visualization series: Insight from Cleveland and Tufte on plotting numeric data by groups
- Putting it all together: concise code to make dotplots with weighted bootstrapped standard errors
- Map the distribution of your sample by geolocating ip addresses or zip codes